There are a lot of things that I wish I knew when I got started doing this. It would have saved me a ton of time and energy. I guess I can’t be upset that I had to learn the “hard way”. I know my hard work has paid off. By helping others learn maybe, just maybe I can save them a lot of wasted time.
So let me give a bit of advice.
- Do your own research.
- Don’t expect to get rich quick. There is a such thing as making a lot of money fast, but don’t go into it looking at it that way.
- Be 100% sure to fill out your profile COMPLETELY on whatever website you are using. Make sure to also get verified with your REAL identification. That information is not shared with anyone but the site owner.
- Don’t try to join EVERY site. Chose a couple then go from there.
- Engagement is one of the biggest keys. Interact with others on a regular basis. Treat it like social media but you are anonymous and don’t know anyone.
- NEVER give anyone your real identifying information. Use an alias. Note: I’m not saying be fake I’m saying no need to give out real information like your address, phone number, etc just to sell things. Honestly most don’t care anyway.
- Set up a payment method/use the one that the sites offer. Do not use PayPal. You can get into some big time trouble. They don’t allow payments for things we offer. Proceed with caution if you chose to do it anyway.
- Watch out for scammers. There are a lot of them out there:
- a. No sugar Daddies/Mommies (note saying there are not real ones. Saying that this is one of the most common ways to scam.
- b. No meeting up in person
- c. No giving out your bank information
- d. Use Amazon wishlists with caution.
- Always get payment first:
- a.Get payment before sending items, videos, sexting etc.
- b. Do not be tricked into sending samples before they buy. It’s a ploy to get something for nothing.
- Be timely: you will thank yourself later for making sure you do things in a timely manner.
- Free is NOT always better. A lot of websites are Free. You will come across less scammers on websites that require membership fees.
- Don’t be afraid to pay to be a premium seller. I will go into this on a later post.
- Remain consistent.