I would love to wake up everyday to Amazon packages on my doorstep. I mean who doesn’t enjoy gifts? There’s nothing like adding all those things I want to my wish list. It’s even better when I see them disappear because someone bought them for me!!
At this point I think I’m going to change my name Amazon Prime. That way everyone knows exactly who I am and exactly what I want. 😁
Today we are going to dive into Amazon wishlists.
Hopefully you will find this information useful. I will say with everything that you find here; Do your own research.
Wish lists are a great way to get things that you want. It allows people to get exactly what you desire without them having to guess.
I will also say that you have to be cautious of not giving out your private information. The first thing I would strongly suggest is setting up an email that is separate from your personal accounts for home, work or anything else you want kept personal.
Below you will find answers to some of the questions you may have.
How do I create a wish list?
- Hover over Account & List at the top of any Amazon.com page and select Create a list from the drop-down. Note: If you’re creating multiple Lists, go to an existing List and click Create a List after going to Your Lists.
- Click Create a list.
- Select Manage List from the list menu (…) at the top of your list to update your default shipping address, birthday, personal description and preferences. Note:
- Gift givers will only see the name, city, and state of the shipping address.
- Amazon will only use your birthday for birthday reminders chosen by the customer and to generate information on the site.
- You can designate whether your list is for an organization and if so you’ll have the option to provide the URL of the organization’s website.
- You can update this information again anytime.
- Click Save and browse for an item.
- Click Add to List under the Buy box on the right-hand side of any item’s product detail page. Note:
- Only list owners can make changes through Manage List. Both list owners and collaborators will be able to add and remove items.
- You can add items for sale by Amazon.com to your list, except out-of-print books, out-of-stock products, cell phones with service plans, items that don’t have release dates, and items with quantity restrictions.
- You can add items available from sellers to your list. Potential purchasers will see “See Buying Options” instead of “Add to Cart” next to the item, since the same copy of the item may not be available later.
Is my address private on my wish list?
Your address is private on your Wish List. When someone buys you something, the only information that will pop up is your name and city. Your full address will never show up on when someone buys a gift from your Wish List.
If you don’t want your real name to show up simply use your alias.
How to edit your privacy setting..
To edit your privacy settings:
- Go to Your profile
- Select Edit your profile.
- Select Edit privacy settings to make your changes.
- Select Save.
How Do You Know If Someone Bought Something off Your Amazon Wishlist?
Amazon’s Wishlist may notify you on the item’s page when someone’s purchased an item on your list. You can also see by selecting “Purchased” or “Purchased and Unpurchased” from the “Filter & Sort” drop-down menu at the top of your list.
Can You Have Multiple Wish Lists on Amazon?
You can have as many wish lists as you want on Amazon. There’s no limit. You can create a wish list for every occasion.
You can even create a wish list for other retailers right on Amazon.
Are my wish lists anonymous?
You can make your list anonymous by changing the public name. You can also restrict access to the wish list. You can set your Amazon wish list to:
- Public (anyone can find it)
- Private (only you can see it) or
- Shared (anyone with the link can see it)
You can change your privacy settings under the “more” tab.
Can I Find Out What’s in an Amazon Package Without Opening It?
In case you’re not sure about a gift you receive, you can find out what’s inside before opening it.
You need the Amazon App for this. Tap the camera button and select the Package X-Ray feature.
You can then scan the barcode and the app will tell you what’s inside.
This is how it works on an iPhone but you should be able to do the same thing across different phones.
There you have it. Hope this helps with some of your questions.